Sunday, July 1, 2012

North Island- Wednesday

Wednesday was planned on the fly- I had to switch some plans, I moved going to Rotorua up by a day- so I had to do bus and hostel bookings. I would have loved to go sky-diving- but the weather was not permitting. Oh, well.

I went to the library- and made some plans for Rotorua- such as a volcanic valley and white-water rafting,  And then I just walked around the lake, which was interesting in itself because every 100 yards or so there was a "Danger- Hot Water!" sign- because of the geothermal heated waters.

When I arrived in Rotorua later that day I discovered something- it stinks- literally- there was a lot of geothermal activity and the first and brimstone that did it I guess. (btw- its cool that I was here because I just read a paper that mentions Rotorua for work- AWESOME!). I walked around town a little to get some bearing that day, I also watched TV that night- a rare thing indeed for me- it was a nice indulgence though if I do say so myself.

Sorry it was, cloudy, wet, and miserable- not the best lighting for photos.







ROTORUA





Add caption


I didn't mention this before but I saw- A LOT of rainbows- like a crazy amount during this trip. 

MUD!


I have no idea what these were- they looked like Tulips, but it was fall.