Sunday, July 1, 2012

North Island- Saturday in Caves then Auckland!

I visited the famous Waitomo caves on my way to Auckland, they are known for having glowworms so I visited the glowworm grotto. It was a cavern with a ceiling covered in glowworms- to me it look like a mystic a primordial night sky- different from anything I had ever seen before- silent and magical. Most of the pictures I have are of the visitors center and not the caves, and they are rather hard to photograph.

On the way to Auckland we passed close to Hobbiton, sorry I didn't get there, but I did see a stream that was in the film.

When I got to Auckland I was either going to climb the nearest mountain or go out to a cool suburb and climb their mountain, I ended up going to the suburb, because ferries are more reliable then buses. The place I went to was called Davenport, I go a lot of cool photos across the bay looking at the city there. I also explored some the tunnels that were there as part of a former military installment. I love harbors and just being on boats, I may need to get one someday, we shall see.






Glowworms. 


AUCKLAND





Geology!

Rangoitoro Island, a beautiful volcano. 







Auckland