Monday, July 2, 2012

New Zealand Bucket List- How close did I get?

Well now that it has come to an end I suppose I should see how far I got on that bucket list.

Things yet to achieve (when I go back!)
  • Go to a beach BBQ
  • Go scuba diving (actually I think the next time I am in the area I will just go to the great barrier reef). 
  • Swim with whales
  • I went tramping (hiking) but I want to do a lot more when I get back!
  • See a kiwi- in the wild
  • Visit Australia
I have given up on
  • Learning a Kiwi accent- I think I will just accept the American one- it is, after all- superior ; )
  • Acing all of my classes (well I got a B+ which is good for NZ, as for the others I shall have to wait and see). 
  • Collect rocks from every place that I visited (some of them were boring and I was trying to pack light.) 

Things that I can do here!
  • Read The Bone People - the seminal NZ classic
  • Make a Maori dish- I just found some recipes (they have a potato sourdough thing, I am intrigued- this is sure to be a blog post- in a few weeks, or months.). 
And just so you know I did actually do stuff also- 

  • I heard Kiwibird in the wild (most Kiwis (NZ'ers) never do this).
  • I saw dolphins

  • I went bungee jumping off of the highest jump in Australasia! (I can go sky-diving in America.)


  • I saw several glaciers
  • I did attempt surfing

  • There are some Maori carvings that I may have as presents. 
  • I ate lamb- to be honest--its just another meat
  • Went zorbing!
zorbing
















  • Visted Christchurch and saw and felt the effects of earthquakes (mag. 5.2) 
  • Did a wine tasting- still not sure I like wine. 
  • I did climb a few volcanoes on the North Island.