Sunday, July 1, 2012

Arriving back into America!

Arriving back in America the first time after being away for a long time is like coming home. I landed in a strange airport, saw a picture of Obama, saying "welcome to America!" It was wonderful, I did not, however, bend down and kiss the ground, but it was great to see fellow Americans, and know that I was no longer 10,000 miles away from home. One of the first things I did was get a burger, and to be honest, it wasn't that great, kind of a let-down actually- but, it was American! (You can tell I am feeling really patriotic now).

I think the best part was going to the grocery store- buying a massive amount of food and paying less then a hundred dollars, in New Zealand, I could easily go and grab a few things and it would get up to $50 very quickly. So what did I buy? -American things! Ketchup ($1!), cheerios, and pizza! Its good to be home!